Lindsey & Ferry, P.A.
- Partner, 01/01/2015
Matthew P. Ferry graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Finance, and earned his Juris Doctor degree from Barry University School of Law. Mr. Ferry has practiced criminal defense law exclusively since 2006. As a partner with the law firm of Lindsey & Ferry, P.A., Mr. Ferry has successfully defended clients throughout Central Florida on felony, misdemeanor, DUI and traffic related cases.
In addition, Mr. Ferry represents clients charged in federal cases before the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida. During the past twelve years, he has dedicated himself to the practice of law with the goal of vigorously and successfully defending his clients against criminal charges brought against them. Mr. Ferry is admitted to practice law in the state courts of Florida and the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida. He is a member of the Federal Bar, the National Federal Bar Association, the Orlando Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, The Florida Bar, the Orange County Bar Association, the Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. In 2010, Mr. Ferry was appointed chair of the Criminal Law Committee of the Orange County Bar Association. In 2012, he was appointed to the Board of Directors for the Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In 2015 and 2019, he was nominated by The Florida Bar to lecture to attorneys on criminal law. Mr. Ferry was nominated by his peers as the number one rising star in the November 2015 edition of Orlando Style Magazine. From 2016 through 2019, Super Lawyers has selected Matt Ferry to its lists of Florida Rising Stars. This honor is awarded to attorneys who have demonstrated excellence in the practice of law and is limited to no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys within Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense 100%
- Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2006
- Barry University School of Law, Orlando, Florida
- J.D. - 05/2006
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 05/2002
- Major: Finance
- Basic Discovery 2015, Florida Bar, 03/26/2015 to Present
- Basic Discovery 2018, Florida Bar, 04/25/2019
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Bar Association, 01/2015 to Present
- Orlando Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, 01/2015 to Present
- The Florida Bar, 05/2006 to Present
- Orange County Bar Association, 01/2006 to Present
- Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 01/2006 to Present